KFC Graduate Leadership Development Programme
Always Original: Colonel Sanders was an Original, opening his first restaurant in 1955 in Corbin Kentucky, going bust at 65 and then starting again – a creative genius and relentless in everything he did. We love and respect that and follow in his way so at KFC we celebrate originality.
The Real You: If you are an Original like the Colonel, with entrepreneurial spirit, ambition, unrelenting tenacity, warmth and humility and you share our passion for real restaurants, real food and making a real difference, somewhere you can be yourself then this is the opportunity for you.
THE Top Company for Graduates to Work For* In Retail as named by the JobCrowd is looking for their next generation of leaders. Our 36 month programme starts in September, you will hit the ground running in one of our restaurants, on a fast-track leadership journey to restaurant management in just 12 months. Rotating through at least two different restaurants, learning everything there is to know about our products, restaurants, teams and customers, combining on the job training with a challenging and inspiring leadership development framework.
You’ve honed your leadership skills and built real business credibility in restaurant operations. You will spend the second half of the programme in a central support role at our Head Office in Woking, whether that’s HR, Finance, Supply Chain or various others. Or if you are passionate about operations you could have an opportunity in a field based role supporting our restaurant teams or to take all the skills you learned in your 12 months of training and show us how it is done; making a big impact in your own restaurant. Either way you’ll be getting to know your team, building your ability to influence at a senior level, self-manage and increase your strategic thinking ability. Setting you up for success to apply for a role outside of the Graduate Programme emerging a business leader who can innovate, and influence direction on a global scale.
Year 1; All you need to know about chicken and chips
· Maximise the sales and profitability in the restaurants and ensure that all resources are at correct levels.
· Carry out and keep aware of local restaurant marketing activities and co-ordinate in-store promotions.
· Accurately forecast sales and labour taking into account current trends and future promotions.
· Ensure all financial and administrative procedures are adhered to at all times and discrepancies are investigated and reported.
· Ensure that the labour schedules and all paperwork, including personnel documentation and files are completed and maintained correctly.
· Ensure all Company standards are met and cleaning work is carried out.
· Handle all customer complaints.
· Ensure that the restaurant is correctly staffed and all employees are correctly trained, monitored and coached and annual appraisals are performed.
· Carry out training and development programmes for Team Leaders, Assistant Managers, Assistant Restaurant General Managers.
· Handle employee relations issues within the restaurant, conducting disciplinary and grievance proceedings.
· Prepare and take part in conference calls, hold team and management meetings and brief the team along with any store specific issues.
· Ensure that all Statutory and Company Health, Safety and Food Hygiene regulations are followed and corrective action taken as necessary.
· Deputise for Area Coach when required.
· Provide support to stores within the area as required.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have 2:1 degree (predicted or achieved). If you are interested in pursuing a role in New Product Development or IT etc. you will require role specific degree such as Food Science or Computer Science otherwise any discipline is welcome.
Your academic achievements will be matched with strong interpersonal skills, a passion for team work and customer service and a tenacious drive for results. You are ambitious by nature, adaptable, resilient, commercially aware, and can inspire and motivate the people around you.
You have high levels of positive energy and build strong relationships with a diverse group of people; you are a naturally gifted leader and earn trust by being authentic. You will also hold a full UK driving licence.
About The Company
KFC is part of Yum! Restaurants with over 40,000 restaurants across the World, operating in 130 countries the opportunities are truly global. KFC UK&I employs over 24,000 people in over 850 restaurants, delivering over £1 billion in sales each year and opening around 35 new restaurants every year. It adds up to big business but there is more to KFC than just our size, each restaurant is a space where our teams and customers can be themselves; friendly and authentic.
We offer a £3,000 bonus to welcome you to the business, you can use some of it to pay off some of that student loans or enjoy a holiday, it’s up to you! This is on top of a £27,000 starting salary, totting up to £30,000 in year one, it’s an exciting offer designed to attract and retain top talent to our team. So you can see that we are serious about recognising and rewarding our people. We should also mention that we have a competitive pension scheme, healthcare, Yum! Brand share earning potential and other flexible benefit so that you can create a package as original as you are.