KFC Retail Management Graduate Programme
The Real You: If you are an Original like the Colonel, have his resilient nature, a huge drive for results, a desire to grow yourself and others and unrelenting tenacity and you share his passion for real restaurants, real food and making a real difference, somewhere you can be yourself then KFC are looking for you.
We are on a quest to find our next generation of restaurant leaders. Our 18 month Retail Management Programme gives you the opportunity to learn our business from its heart. In our restaurants learning the fundamentals of chicken and chips; from cleaning, breading and cooking our world famous chicken, building burgers and frying fries to learning the intricacies of running a business and leading, coaching and developing your team to create a culture to be proud of.
As a Restaurant General Manager for KFC you are the Number 1 Leader in our business.
You are supported by a team who has the same enthusiasm, drive and commitment to ensuring your restaurant achieves the highest standards to deliver continued growth. Through a “beat year ago” mentality we will ensure you develop and communicate a breakthrough strategy which delivers outstanding business results but also creates an environment of recognition and fun.
All you need to know about chicken and chips
· Maximise the sales and profitability in the restaurants and ensure that all resources are at correct levels.
· Carry out and keep aware of local restaurant marketing activities and co-ordinate in-store promotions.
· Accurately forecast sales and labour taking into account current trends and future promotions.
· Ensure all financial and administrative procedures are adhered to at all times and discrepancies are investigated and reported.
· Ensure that the labour schedules and all paperwork, including personnel documentation and files are completed and maintained correctly.
· Ensure all Company standards are met and cleaning work is carried out.
· Handle all customer complaints.
· Ensure that the restaurant is correctly staffed and all employees are correctly trained, monitored and coached and annual appraisals are performed.
· Carry out training and development programmes for Team Leaders, Assistant Managers, Assistant Restaurant General Managers.
· Handle employee relations issues within the restaurant, conducting disciplinary and grievance proceedings.
· Prepare and take part in conference calls, hold team and management meetings and brief the team along with any store specific issues.
· Ensure that all Statutory and Company Health, Safety and Food Hygiene regulations are followed and corrective action taken as necessary.
· Deputise for Area Coach when required.
· Provide support to stores within the area as required.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a 2:2 degree (predicted or achieved), in any discipline.
Your academic achievements will be matched with strong interpersonal skills, a passion for team work and customer service and a tenacious drive for results. You are ambitious by nature, adaptable, resilient, commercially aware, and can inspire and motivate the people around you.
You have high levels of positive energy and build strong relationships with a diverse group of people; you are a naturally gifted leader and earn trust by being authentic. You will also hold a full UK driving licence.
About The Company
KFC is part of Yum! Restaurants with over 40,000 restaurants across the World, operating in 130 countries the opportunities are truly global. KFC UK&I employs over 24,000 people in over 850 restaurants, delivering over £1 billion in sales each year and opening around 35 new restaurants every year. It adds up to big business but there is more to KFC than just our size, each restaurant is a space where our teams and customers can be themselves; friendly and authentic.
With a £1,000 Golden Hello on top of a £24,000 starting salary and wide range of flexible benefits including a competitive pension, healthcare and amazing bonus earning potential, you can create a package that’s right for you.